I love to cook, grill particularly, and over the past few years I have expanded my experimentations by making as much of the components of good grilling myself. One very important aspect of grilling is a good BBQ sauce. Through many trial and errors I think I have perfected my home-made sauce. There is still room for improvement, like getting it to be a thicker consistency, but overall the flavor I have captured works very, very well. Now I am going to share it to the world… or the three people who read this blog. 🙂
Binary Blogger’s BBQ Sauce
NOTE – The amounts are enough to cover 4 racks of ribs. Also, the longer is stays chilled the more the flavors come out in the sauce, especially if you add some extra heat to it.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 1/3 cups Strong Coffee
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Molasses
- Few drops to 1/2 cap full of liquid smoke (don’t over do it)
Extra Heat Option
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. Ghost pepper sauce, Habanero sauce, or your fire sauce of choice (a little goes a long way when this chills out the flavor, caution)
- Mix everything but the brown sugar and bring to a boil, stir continuously.
- At boil add the sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Simmer the sauce, do not slow boil or you may burn it.
- Take it off the heat, let it cool, pour into a sealed Tupperware or jar and chill it. Make it at least 2 days before you need it, the longer it’s in the fridge the more flavorful it will become.
- This will keep for a long time in the fridge, but you will go through it fast.
There you have it, my first posted, personally modified/created recipe. I hope it works for you as it has for me many time over on my ribs.
End of Line.
Binary Blogger has spent 20 years in the Information Security space currently providing security solutions and evangelism to clients. From early web application programming, system administration, senior management to enterprise consulting I provide practical security analysis and solutions to help companies and individuals figure out HOW to be secure every day.