Inspirational readings are worth spending time on to get new insights on how to think about life. They may apply to you or not but at the end of the day no one can be worse off for reading uplifting literature. From time to time I read speeches and writings from Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, former president of India. He has a brilliant mind and is a fantastic read. One item in particular cross my feeds that struck me and put into context the nature of the American corporate world but I am sure could be applicable anywhere. It had to do with your Job, Work and Life.
Love your job but not your company because you may not now when your company stops loving you.
Unfortunately in today’s world that’s very true. In my career I have seen countless people whom I thought were valued members of an organization get released, let go, fired, laid-off or whatever other politically correct term you want to use. Twenty year veterans with more inside knowledge about the company sent on their way. No commitment to the individual, value to their worth, or dedication to the services provided. The bottom lines drive decisions and that’s how it is. Dr. Kalam calls it out and ties it into your life vs. your work.
Always Leave The Office On Time
- Work is a never-ending process, it can never be completed.
- Interest of a client is important, so is your family.
- If you fall in your life your boss nor client will offer you a helping hand; your friends and family will.
- Life is not only about work, office and client. There is more to life. You need time to socialize, entertain, relax and exercise. Don’t let life be meaningless.
- A person who stays late at the office is not a hardworking person. Instead he/she is a fool who does not know how to manage work within the stipulated time. He/She is inefficient and incompetent in their work.
- You did not study hard and struggle in life to become a machine.
- If your boss forces you to work late, he/she may be ineffective and have a meaningless life, forward this to him/her.
Leaving The Office On Time = Efficient, Good Social Life, Quality Family Life
Leaving The Office Late = Inefficient & Incompetent, No Social Life, Less Family Life
This is one motivational speakers opinion and it may be applicable in some situations and in others not. Everyone puts in a 60 hour plus work week from time to time. Dr. Kalam’s point is if you do it consistently what are you gaining vs. losing from it?
End of line.
Binary Blogger has spent 20 years in the Information Security space currently providing security solutions and evangelism to clients. From early web application programming, system administration, senior management to enterprise consulting I provide practical security analysis and solutions to help companies and individuals figure out HOW to be secure every day.