The Playstation 4 (PS4) is a gaming system but at its core, it’s a computer. Just like your PC and/or laptop the PS4 can get bogged down by files and slow down. However, there is a simple process that you can perform to clear out those files, called the cache, that can help improve your loading times and performance of the system.
Clearing the cache isn’t something you do within the system’s menus. The steps to do this are very simple but you need to be careful when you do it.
- To clear the cache the PS4 must be powered off. Rest Mode is not sufficient, it needs to power down.
- When you power down the power light will blink, when it stops blinking the system is powered off.
- Make sure the system is completely powered off before you do this step otherwise you may risk corrupting your data. When the system is powered off you need to unplug the power cable from the back of the system. Unplugging the power cable from the wall won’t do it, the cord needs to be pulled from the system.
- Wait 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Plug the cord back on and power on the PS4. That’s it.
Binary Blogger has spent 20 years in the Information Security space currently providing security solutions and evangelism to clients. From early web application programming, system administration, senior management to enterprise consulting I provide practical security analysis and solutions to help companies and individuals figure out HOW to be secure every day.